1/15/18

You're not old...you're vintage!

I have been so so so sick; no words for how sick I have been. It's been difficult to work each day and by the time I get home, it's typically a breathing treatment and bed! I started an antibiotic Friday night and Saturday morning I was definitely chipper, but that DID NOT last long. Goodness, I sure slept a lot this weekend!!

Anywho, one of my boss's - my main boss - turns 87 today!!! Yes, tis true AND he comes to the office just about every single day, even on the weekend sometimes. That's pretty amazing if I do say so myself. I really wanted to make him a birthday card; he's typically traveling on his birthday so it was rare he was going to be in the office today. But, re-read the first paragraph, I knew I was pretty limited and it would need to be easy. This really old MFT set 'Just My Type' was perfect for the occasion (hopefully this link works, it's to the stamp and die on Pinterest)!



I used some scraps of paper, distressed everything - including the balloon - with Old Paper distress ink, stamped the pieces and quickly put it together. I used some new to me inks from Altenew (Sea Shore) and man did they work GREAT!! After I had the card completely assembled and had taken pictures, I added glossy accents to the balloon. I love how the twine is tied to the balloon and then to the typewriter. :D

That's it, easy peasy lemon squeezy!! Thanks for stopping by; hope you have a GREAT week!

HUGS!


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Just My Type (discontinued), PTI Scene It Celebration
Inks: PTI Dark Chocolate, Altenew Sea Shore, Old Paper Distress Ink
Papers: PTI Dark Chocolate, Fine Linen, Kraft, dp by MME
Accessories: MFT Just My Type die, glossy accents, twine, MFT Blueprints 15

Challenges:
  ssswchallenge

2 comments:

  1. Your super cute card caught my eye on the SSS challenge page! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Your card for your boss is just brilliant, I love the sentiment.
    I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.