4/2/17

Pretty in Pink

So many people continue to show incredible kindness to our family as we continue to take baby steps to recover from the catastrophic event that truly consumes our lives. (Forever Destroyed) Times you never dreamed you would find yourself facing.

Among those is one very special, sweet friend...and co-worker. I wanted to make several cards to give to her as I return her containers which contained meals for us. #soblesssed


I created several backgrounds on water color paper using oxide inks; this one is Worn Lipstick; after sponging on a random layer, I used Tim Holtz Mixed Media dies and cut the diamond pattern from grunge board and used as a die to sponge on a heavier layer of Worn Lipstick. Once dry, I spritzed with glimmer mist and added some Hero Arts unicorn spray using just the nozzle.




The flower was one I colored at the very beginning of Kathy Racoosin's 30 day coloring challenge, amazing the colors were a perfect match. The sentiment and die strip are from MFT's Doodle Bloom card kit; the pink card stock was a little lighter than I wanted, so I colored it with a pink Copic to darken it just a bit. The leaves were cut from SSS Floral Shapes from some fun gray polka dot paper.

Thanks for stopping by; although life still feels so out of control; I'm hoping to get back to 'some' creating if for no other reason than therapeutic purposes - I'm sure you can relate. Have a great week!

Hugs,


WHAT'S IT TAKE?
Stamps: MFT Doodle Bloom, Stampendous Fresh Bloom, SSS Floral Shapes
Papers: Ranger Water Color, PTI Smokey Shadow, MFT Razzleberry (inside), DP by Echo Park
InkHero Arts Intense Black (save 15% by using code: MicheleG15), Worn Lipstick Oxide Ink, VersaFine Black
Accessories: white gel pen, sharpie, Hero Arts Unicorn Mist, MFT Rectangle Word Frame, Copics, MFT Blueprints, Tim Holtz Mixed Media Die, Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder (save 15% by using code: MicheleG15), SSS Floral Shapes dies, Glimmer Mist

Challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting and taking time to leave me a note! I read every single one and *heart* hearing from you. Hugs, ~M.